Are There Natural Remedies For Anxiety That Work?
Short answer: Yes. There are many natural remedies for anxiety that work great.
However we do need to take a closer look.
Some are cheap and super easy to find. You probably have a few of them at home already.
Some are a bit more expensive and you need some effort to find those that are top quality and 100% organic.
Treatments for anxiety have been around for centuries, once called ‘hysteria’, anxiety is a well-known condition among many societies around the world.
Symptoms may range from mild to severe and have differing impacts on each individual’s life.
The use of natural remedies is not a new one!
Many natural remedies for anxiety can provide instant relief with absolutely no side effects. Therefore it’s important to know the underlying causes of this condition to properly manage it.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a feeling of worry, fear, nervousness or unease.
It is an emotion characterized by inner turmoil and may be accompanied by muscle tension or nervous behavior.
This is a short term or long term state, as anxiety disorders are partly genetic but may also be due to substance use such as drugs, alcohol or caffeine.
What Causes Anxiety?
There are several possible causes of anxiety, some which include:
Family History – of mental health problems
Ongoing stressful events
- Stress relating to your job
- Changes to living arrangements
- Pregnancy and giving birth
- Family and relationship problems
- Traumatic events
- Abuse and abusive relationships
- Death of loved ones
Physical Health problems
- Hormonal problems
- Lack of self esteem
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
Common symptoms of anxiety include:
- Hot or cold flushes
- Racing heart
- Tightening of the chest
- Snowballing worries
- Obsessive thinking
- Compulsive behaviors
Nutrition and Anxiety
Nutrition can be used to treat anxiety disorders, with vitamin and mineral supplements. The key vitamins and minerals which effectively combat anxiety are:
- Vitamin B1 – Improves mood
- Vitamin B6 – Essential for healthy nervous system
- Vitamin B12 – Helps produce those feel good brain chemicals
- Pantothenic Acid – Needed to make anti stress hormones
- Folic Acid – Reduces depression
- Vitamin C – Boosts your immune system
- Vitamin D – Controls calcium absorption
- Vitamin E – Helps brain cells to get oxygen
- Calcium – Helps you relax
- Chromium – Stabilizes blood sugar levels
- Magnesium – Muscle relaxant needed for nerve function
- Zinc – Supports brain function
- Cannabidiol – Supports your own body’s endocanabinoid system
Through supplementation of these vitamins and minerals, we are providing the body with the nutritional support it needs to reduce or eliminate anxiety and its symptoms.
Natural Remedies for Anxiety
There many natural remedies for anxiety, providing you an alternative to pharmaceutical or synthetic drug treatments. These alternatives are becoming increasingly popular as more studies are being conducted and showing conclusive effective results.
Supplements which may help with anxiety and its symptoms include:
- Camomile tea
- Green tea
- Passion Flower
- Breathing techniques
- Lemon balm
- Omega 3’s
- Avoiding catastrophic thinking
- Spas and Saunas
- Back to nature
With so many natural remedies for anxiety which are affordable and available to you, choosing the one that works for you may be a trial and error experience.
All natural remedies for anxiety are aimed at providing relief, for ongoing treatment and management of your condition, it is always best to speak with a General Practitioner or mental health care worker.
Next time you feel anxious, or are suffering from anxiety, try a calming cup of camomile tea and take note of how it made you feel.